Saturday 19 April 2014

Learning new things

Night is a time when we have a lot of energy and head full of ideas.. But did we do any of those ideas? Or did we use that energy to do things? Or we just go sleep with thought that we will do something tomorrow?

Recently I can't sleep.. And when I say "I can't sleep" I really mean I can't... :P
And I don't know why.. But I don't like to stay in place and do nothing.. So I started to looking for something new what I could learn by myself.

I have made some stuff in Unity3D for over a year and I have seen some crazy thing that my friend done in his game engine called Barok Engine and I falled in love with his water...

Water in Barok Engine
It's so.... Beautiful... It's more real than real water.. It's... There is no words for that water.. It's so cool..
So one night I have played with a Barok for an hour or two... Messing with stuff around the scene.. Painting water and trying to do something useful... And when the sun rise I was so tired that I finally fall asleep.


The other night (well... that was last night) I found video on YouTube with a guy talking about a shaders. He showed what we are able to do using just a shaders and that was awesome! Especially when he showed deforming capsule.. This made me start looking for a tutorial about writing a shaders! And I found one on UnityCookie.
Very beginning
After few videos I start understanding the power of shaders and this is really crazy! Lights, multiple lights, textures, multiple texture, normal maps and I think many many more... You don't think much about it because in Unity we have a lot of a shaders already available for use..

So I keep doing the tutorial and after a day I have learn about creating those shaders which you can see below.
Wow, learn so much
I really don't remember a last time when I have so strong need of learning a new thing! But I love that feeling! And I will not stop until I learn how to made something as awesome as a water in Barok Engine! :D

So for a record.. If you have a time.. And if you have a lot of energy in a middle of a night.. And you have a head full of ideas.. Start writing them on a paper.. Start doing then.. Maybe in a future you will need them or you will find a new hobby or a passion to do new things... ;)

PS. If you are looking for a more information about Barok Engine you should definitely visit Barok's website!
Barok Engine

PS2. And if you are interested in writing a shaders but you don't know how, you should visit Unity Cookie! They have a lot of tutorials from a simple to more advance stuff ;)
Unity Cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment